This website collects certain personal data from its users.
The Josef and Anni Albers Foundation – 88 beacon rd, Bethany, CT 06524, USA.
Owner’s e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of data collected
The personal data collected by this website, either independently or through third parties, includes personal data: Cookies, usage data, e-mail, name and surname.
Personal data can be freely provided by the user or, in the case of usage data, collected automatically when using this website.
Unless otherwise specified, all data required by this website is mandatory. If you refuse to provide it, it may be impossible for this website to provide the service. In cases where this Website indicates certain Data as optional, Users are free to refrain from providing such Data, without affecting the availability of the Service or its operation.
If Users have any doubts about the mandatory Data, they are invited to contact the Data Controller.
The User assumes responsibility for the Personal Data of third parties obtained, published or shared through this Website and guarantees that he or she has the right to communicate or disseminate it, releasing the Owner from any liability to third parties.
Methods and place of treatment of the data collected
The data controller shall adopt appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of personal data.
Processing is carried out using computer and/or telematic tools, with organisational methods and logic strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Data Controller, in some cases, other subjects involved in the organisation of this Website (administrative, commercial, marketing, legal, system administrators) or external subjects (such as third party technical service providers, postal couriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communication agencies) may have access to the Data also designated, if necessary, as Data Controller’s Data Processors. The updated list of processors can always be requested from the data controller.
Legal basis of the processing
The owner processes personal data relating to the user if one of the following conditions is met :
- the User has given consent for one or more specific purposes; Note: in some jurisdictions, the Data Controller may be allowed to process personal data without the User’s consent or another of the legal bases specified below, until the User objects (“opt-out”) to such processing. However, this does not apply if the processing of personal data is governed by European legislation on the protection of personal data.
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the User and/or the execution of pre-contractual measures; the processing is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation to which the controller is subject.
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
- processing is necessary for the pursuit of the legitimate interest of the controller or of third parties.
However, it is always possible to ask the controller to clarify the concrete legal basis of each processing operation and in particular to specify whether the processing is based on law, provided for in a contract or necessary for the conclusion of a contract.
The data shall be processed at the registered office of the controller and at any other place where the parties involved in the processing are located. For further information, please contact the controller.
The user’s personal data may be transferred to a country other than that in which the user is located. For more information on the place of processing, the user may refer to the section on details of the processing of personal data.
The user has the right to obtain information on the legal basis for the transfer of data outside the European Union or to an international organisation governed by public international law or constituted by two or more countries, such as the United Nations, and on the security measures taken by the data controller to protect the data.
Should any of the transfers described above take place, the user may refer to the respective sections of this document or request information from the Data Controller by contacting him/her at the contact details indicated at the beginning.
The data are processed and kept for the time required for the purposes for which they were collected.
- Personal data collected for purposes related to the execution of a contract between the Owner and the User will be kept until the end of the execution of this contract.
- Personal data collected for purposes related to the legitimate interest of the Data Controller will be kept until such interest is satisfied. The User may obtain further information on the legitimate interest pursued by the Owner in the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
- Where the processing is based on the consent of the user, the data controller may keep the personal data for a longer period until such consent is revoked. In addition, the data controller may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period in accordance with a legal obligation or by order of an authority.
- At the end of the retention period, the personal data will be deleted. Therefore, at the end of this period, the right of access, deletion, rectification and portability of the data can no longer be exercised.
Purposes and details of the processing of personal data
Personal data is collected to enable the Owner to provide its services. Below you will find detailed information on the purposes of the processing and on the personal data specifically relevant to the services used :
Contacting the user
Contact or service request form (this request)
The User, by filling in the contact form with his/her Data, consents to their use to respond to requests for information, quotes, or any other nature indicated in the header of the form.
Personal data collected: name, surname, e-mail, telephone.
Interaction with social networks and external platforms
This type of service allows interactions with social networks, or with other external platforms, directly from the pages of this Website. The interactions and information acquired by this Website are in any case subject to the User’s privacy settings for each social network.
If a social network interaction service is installed, it is possible that, even if users do not use the service, it may collect traffic data related to the pages where it is installed.
Facebook “Like” Button and Social Widgets (Facebook, Inc.)
The Facebook Like Button and Social Widgets are social network interaction services provided by Facebook, Inc.
Personal data collected: cookies and usage data.
The services contained in this section enable the Data Controller to monitor and analyze traffic data and are used to track user behaviour.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”).
Google uses the personal data collected for the purpose of tracking and analyzing the use of this website, compiling reports and sharing them with other services developed by Google.
Google may use personal data to contextualize and personalize ads in its advertising network.
Personal data collected: Cookies and usage data.
Viewing content from external platforms
This type of service allows you to view and interact with content hosted on external platforms directly from the pages of this website.
If a service of this type is installed, it is possible that, even if users do not use the service, it can collect traffic data about the pages where it is installed.
YouTube video widgets (Google Inc.)
YouTube is a video content viewing service operated by Google Inc. that allows the website to embed video content into its pages.
Personal data collected: cookies and usage data.
Instagram Widget (Instagram Inc.)
Instagram is an image viewing service managed by Instagram, Inc. that allows this website to integrate such content into its pages.
Personal data collected: cookies and usage data.
Protection against SPAM
This type of service analyzes the traffic of this website, potentially containing users’ personal data, in order to filter it from parts of the traffic, messages and content recognized as SPAM.
Users may exercise certain rights with regard to the data processed by the data controller.
In particular, the user has the right to :
- revoke consent at any time. The user may revoke the consent to the processing of his personal data previously expressed.
- object to the processing of his data. The user may object to the processing of his data when it is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details on the right to object are given in the section below.
- access to your data. The user has the right to obtain information on the data processed by the controller, on certain aspects of the processing and to receive a copy of the processed data.
- check and request a correction. The user may check the accuracy of his/her data and request that it be updated or corrected.
- obtain the limitation of the processing. When certain conditions are met, the user may request the limitation of the processing of his/her data. In this case, the controller will not process the data for purposes other than storage.
- obtain the deletion or removal of his personal data. When certain conditions are met, the user may request the deletion of his data by the data controller.
- receive your data or have them transferred to another data controller. The user has the right to receive his data in a structured, commonly used and readable format and, where technically possible, to have them transferred without hindrance to another data controller. This provision shall apply where the data are processed by automated means and the processing is based on the user’s consent, on a contract to which the user is party or on contractual measures relating thereto.
- to lodge a complaint. The user may lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority or take legal action.
Details of the right to object
Where personal data are processed in the public interest, in the exercise of the public powers conferred on the controller or in pursuit of a legitimate interest of the controller, users shall have the right to object to the processing on grounds relating to their particular situation.
Users are reminded that if their data are processed for direct marketing purposes, they may object to the processing without giving reasons. To find out whether the Data Controller processes the data for direct marketing purposes, users may refer to the respective sections of this document.
How to exercise your rights
To exercise his rights, the User may send a request to the Owner’s contact details indicated in this document. Requests are submitted free of charge and processed by the Owner as soon as possible, in any case within one month.
More information on the processing
Defense in court
The User’s Personal Data may be used by the Owner in court or in the preparatory stages of its possible implementation for the defense against abuse in the use of this Website or related Services by the User. The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be obliged to disclose the Data by order of the public authorities.
Logbook and System Maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this website and any third party services used by it may collect system logs, i.e. files that record interactions and may also contain personal data, such as the user’s IP address.
Information not contained in this policy
Further information concerning the processing of personal data may be requested at any time from the Data Controller using the contact details.
Response to Do Not Track requests
This website does not support “Do not follow” requests.
To find out if the third party services you use support them, please consult their privacy policies.
If the modifications involve processing operations whose legal basis is consent, the owner will again obtain the user’s consent, if necessary.
Personal data (or data): Personal data is any information which, directly or indirectly, even in combination with any other information, including a personal identification number, makes a natural person identified or identifiable.
Usage data: This is information that is automatically collected through this website (also by third party websites integrated into this website), including: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by the user connecting to this website, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses, the time of the request, the method used to transmit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s response (successful, error, etc.). ) the country of origin, the characteristics of the browser and operating system used by the visitor, the different temporal connotations of the visit (e.g. time spent on each page) and the details of the route followed in the website, in particular the sequence of the pages consulted, the parameters relating to the operating system and the user’s computer environment.
User: The person using this website who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the interested party.
Interested party: The natural person to whom the personal data refer.
Controller (or owner) of the data : Natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, individually or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data and the instruments adopted, including security measures relating to the functioning and use of this website. The data controller shall, unless otherwise specified, be the owner of this website.
This website: The hardware or software tool by which users’ personal data are collected and processed.
Service: The service provided by this website as defined in the relevant terms (if any) on this website/website.
European Union (or EU): Unless otherwise stated, any reference in this document to the European Union is deemed to extend to all current Member States of the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Cookies : A small amount of data stored on your device.
Date of update: 29/04/2020